Thursday, September 11, 2014

Jason Mraz

JUNE 9, 2011: 0 days
When Chris and I met in England, he was the “kid who forgot his iPod.” In sort-of a weird form of flirting I guess, he took my iPod and put a bunch of music on it and we shared headphones on buses, trains, etc. I’m convinced now that he just used this as an excuse to sit next to me. (How cute, right?) I’m pretty sure he put every single Jason Mraz song that was out at the time in there, so we travelled across England with Jason the whole way.

SEPTEMBER 25, 2011: 108 days
When we were back in Knoxville at college, we found out that Jason Mraz was playing ONE SHOW that year, in Portsmouth, VA – ON A SUNDAY. Womp. But we went to the show, danced and sang, and drove the eight hour journey back overnight to make it to class Monday morning. Was it worth it, absolutely. 


APRIL 20, 2014: 1,189 days
Changing stories a bit, (it’ll all make sense, I promise) I haven’t done a blog post about this yet, but Chris proposed to me at the historical Ryman Auditorium this past April. The Ryman is one of the most magical places in the world to see a show, and with our mutual love for Nashville it exceeded my expectations of a dream proposal.


SEPTEMBER 10, 2014: 1,189 days

Last night, we saw Jason Mraz at The Ryman. It felt like it all had come full circle. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen in my life (I only cried twice). As I was sitting next to Chris, I kept thinking about how lucky I am to have such an incredible love story, and Jason sings it quite well! The entire show was paired with Raining Jane, an all-girl band from UCLA. Their harmonies paired with Jason’s vocals, made for an truly unforgettable evening.